Have you checked out our floating shelf options? We have a bracket hardware system as well as full shelves available. The aluminum hardware kit includes two interlocking brackets, a small bubble level, and attachment hardware. It’s available as just the hardware on its own, as well as in a pre-made shelf kit (shown in the video). These instructions are specifically for use with the shelf kit, however they can also be used for the hardware alone once you have your shelf picked out and the corresponding hardware installed in it.
Instructions for Floating Shelf Kit (Part #8919):
- Install the bubble level onto the floating shelf bracket to be installed on your wall. It can snap easily into place or slide into the groove.
- Mark the location of the floating shelf on the wall using the level in the bracket to ensure that the shelf is level.
- Note: For maximum support, be sure to install the bracket into studs in the wall. For drywall installation, bear-claw screws are included in the kit and can be used without an additional anchor.
- Remove the bubble level.
- Attach the shelf to the wall by holding it slightly above the wall bracket and sliding it towards the wall and down, as shown in the video below.
- Enjoy your new floating shelf!
Instructions for Installing Floating Shelf Hardware (Parts #933 & #934):
Floating shelves can be added in any room of your home as a stylish way to create additional storage. The hardware sets available from Osborne make it easy to mount shelves in a durable manner while keeping the hardware hidden for a clean, crisp design. We have hardware sets available in 1” or 1 ½” widths and 18”, 30” and 42” lengths, supporting up to 100 pounds.
- 1" Floating Shelf Bracket for shelves up to 1 3/4" thick (#934)
1 1/2" Floating Shelf Bracket for shelves up to 2 1/4" thick (#933)
- Two interlocking metal brackets
- Bubble level
- Installation Screws
Additional items needed:
- Shelf (thickness dependent on which kit you choose). Can be up to 4 inches longer than the hardware (which is available in 18”, 30” or 42” lengths).
- Recessed Groove Router Bit or CNC Milling Tool
1. Create a recessed channel in the back of your desired shelf.
a. Part #934: The recessed channel must be 35/64” deep and 1 ½” wide, as well as 1” longer on each end than the length of the hardware chosen.
b. Part #933: The recessed channel must be 3/8” deep and 2” wide, as well as 1” longer on each end than the length of the hardware chosen.
2. Attach the first bracket to the wall by inserting the bubble level in the level groove and placing the side with the screw holes flat against the wall surface. Ensure the shelf is level and use the included screws to secure the bracket to the wall.
a. Part #934: The level groove should be positioned at the top.
b. Part #933: The level groove should be positioned at the bottom.
3. The second bracket will be inserted into the recessed channel created in the shelf by using the included screws to secure it.
4. Once both pieces have been attached, take the shelf and hold it slightly above the wall bracket. Slide it toward the wall in a downward motion so the brackets interlock.